Before we begin...
There are a number of ongoing scams targeting our residential and small business customers. Fraudsters are contacting customers by:
- Text messages
- Fake electricity bills
They threaten to disconnect power unless immediate payment is made. In some cases scammers demand payment by a pre-paid credit card or cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin.
We don't accept this method of payment and never threaten to disconnect power immediately.
If you suspect fraudulent activity:
- Immediately hang up on any suspicious phone calls.
- Don't click on any links in emails/text messages asking you to accept electronic transfers.
- Don't share any personal information over the phone or in-person.
- Don't make any payments related to Smart Meter Deposits. This fee doesn't exist.
To report fraudulent activity, contact both:
- Toronto Hydro by completing this form or calling us at 416-542-8000; and
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501
After we've reviewed your report, we'll follow up with you to confirm your current account status.