Prepare by following these steps:
- Print and keep a copy of our Emergency Preparedness Guide (PDF, 285 KB)
- Make a 72-hour emergency kit
- Update your emergency contact numbers
- Set a meeting place in case you need to evacuate
- Understand what equipment you have and how to protect it. This includes hot water radiators, water pipes, etc.
Our Emergency Preparedness Guide is also available in the following languages:
- French / Préparation aux situations d’urgence (PDF, 178 KB)
- Chinese / 应急准备 (PDF, 671 KB)
- Spanish / Preparado para emergencias (PDF, 191 KB)
- Somali / Diyaar Garawga Xaalada Degdeg ah (PDF, 151 KB)
- Italian / Pronti per le emergenze (PDF, 184 KB)
- Portuguese / Plano de Emergência (PDF, 183 KB)
- Tamil (PDF, 219 KB)
- Urdu / کے لیے تیار ہنگامی صورتحال (PDF, 237 KB)
Note: You can also translate the tips on this page into additional languages using Google Translate (select your preferred language from the bottom left corner of our website).