Do you own an EV charger and live in Toronto? If so, you have the chance to participate in a free pilot program. The program aims to help improve your EV charging experience and will assist Toronto Hydro in developing future EV programs.
About the pilot
Toronto Hydro — in partnership with Plug’n Drive and Elocity Technologies Inc. — is looking for participants for its EV Smart Charging Pilot Program. Selected participants will receive a free Hyper Integrated Electric Vehicle (HIEV™) EVPlug smart charging device, a solution by Elocity Technologies Inc. This smart device will allow you to control your EV charging schedule using a smartphone app.
The goals of this pilot are to:
- Understand EV charging patterns and behaviours in Toronto, including duration, frequency and time of charging
- Gather information to assist in the development of future programs and to offer increased support for EV drivers
- Provide EV charger owners access to monitor, schedule and control charging through a mobile app
- Offer EV charger owners $50 per year for the duration of the pilot by participating in the demand response and demand management program
- Understand grid impacts and EV charging demand
Qualifying for the pilot program
To qualify, you must:
- Be a Toronto Hydro customer
- Drive an EV (BEV or PHEV) or plan to have one by May 1, 2022
- Have an indoor or outdoor EV charging station installed at your home or business that plugs into a 120V or 240V electrical outlet by May 1, 2022
- Have a Wi-Fi connection that reaches your EV charger location