Heating & Cooling Incentive
You can receive up to $650 by installing an ENERGY STAR® qualified central heating or cooling system.
To view or print a helpful checklist on how to buy a heating and cooling system for your home click here.
Tell me more
The HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE runs from January 1, 2012 through to December 31, 2012. Incentives are available for residents and businesses (and businesses with residential-type systems) in Ontario who have purchased and installed eligible replacement central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
- $250 incentive when you have an existing furnace replaced with the purchase and installation of a high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $250 incentive when you have an existing central air conditioner (CAC) replaced with the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR qualified CAC system (NOTE: ENERGY STAR qualified criteria = minimum 14.5 SEER and 12 EER ).
- $400 incentive when you have an existing CAC replaced with the purchase and installation of a stand-alone CEE "Tier 2" level central air conditioning system (NOTE: "Tier 2" level qualified criteria = minimum 15 SEER and 12.5 EER).
What's my first step?
To get you started on your way to receiving your HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE, you'll need to find a participating contractor. These trained technicians will help you choose the right energy-efficient system that’s best for your home and meets your specific needs. For full incentive submission details, please review the Eligibility Requirements and Follow these 5 easy steps sections.
General Program Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of Ontario.
- This incentive is for individuals and businesses (with residential-type systems) replacing their central heating or central air conditioning systems (CAC). Unfortunately, residences that do not currently have CAC or central heating systems do not qualify for this incentive.
- All services (including purchase and installation) must be performed by a participating contractor of the HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE program.
- Installation must occur between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2013 and the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 1, 2013
Follow these five easy steps
- Contact a participating contractor in your area to purchase and have a system installed.
- Once your installation is completed, your contractor will enter your online incentive form and ensure that all equipment serial and model numbers are included. Be sure to provide your email address so you can proceed easily to the next steps.
- An email will be sent asking you to review and approve your incentive details as outlined on your online incentive submission form.
- Send in your proof of purchase (copy of your invoice) and a copy of the online incentive submission form using one of the following methods:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or
- fax: 1-866-945-6474, or
2011 HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE
P.O. Box 10099
Winona, Ontario L8E 5R1
(note: if you choose to send in via mail, we recommend sending it via registered mail)
- Receive your incentive cheque in the mail within 4 to 8 weeks of the receipt of your proof of purchase (provided the incentive submission is approved).
Make sure you keep a copy of your invoice for your furnace and CAC system in case you need it for repairs which are covered under warranty.
Once your contractor has entered your online incentive form and you have approved its contents, you can use this handy tool to check your incentive status. Enter your unique Incentive ID and Service Address Postal Code and click "Retrieve".
Please contact Ontario Power Authority-Incentive Support with any questions or concerns regarding your incentive claim or call 1-877-797-9473.
Additional terms and conditions apply. Please see Terms and Conditions for full details.