If you have suffered a loss or injury and feel that Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited ("Toronto Hydro") is responsible, you can submit a claim.
You may submit your claim via EMAIL, FAX, and/or REGULAR MAIL
- Email- click here (Link to Form)
- Fax- 416-542-2683
- Regular Mail- Claims Department, 14 Carlton St, 6th Floor, Toronto, ON M5B 1k5
What should be included in your submission:
- Your contact information (full mailing address, telephone and email)
- Full details of your loss including- date and time of the incident and location of your claim.
- Supporting documents- receipts, photos, etc.
Please note that pursuant to the Limitations Act 2002, you have 2 years from the date of loss to file a claim.
Any damage to your property can be upsetting and disruptive; however, it’s important to know that Toronto Hydro is not your insurer.
If you have auto or property insurance, we suggest you consult your insurance company or broker first for advice on how to deal with your loss. Your insurance coverage may be more extensive than what you can recover from Toronto Hydro.
- Once we have received your claim, you will receive an acknowledgement from either a TH Claims Representative or its Insurance Adjusters. Follow up contact information will be provided at this time.
- Your claim will be investigated. In most circumstances, our goal is to reach a decision within 90 days.
- Once our investigation is complete, we will notify you of our decision.
Toronto Hydro Conditions of Service
City of Toronto (City Claims website)