FREE upgrades to help lower your electricity bill
Are you living on a fixed or modest income? Are you struggling to make ends meet? If you qualify for the Home Assistance program, we'll supply and install energy-efficient upgrades, free of charge, to help you save on your electricity bill and make your home more comfortable.
Free upgrades may include:
- ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator
- ENERGY STAR® certified chest freezer
- ENERGY STAR® certified light bulbs
- Power bars
- Faucet aerators
- Weatherstripping around doors and windows
- Insulation in the attic or basement
- Programmable thermostat
- ENERGY STAR® certified dehumidifier or window air conditioner
- Clothes drying racks
- A low-flow showerhead
Please note: you must own your home or have approval from the owner.
If you are a social housing provider, read more about programs to help your tenants.
- An energy expert will make an appointment to visit your home. They'll review how you're using energy now and recommend the best upgrades for your home.
- We'll supply and install the upgrades, at no charge.
- We'll show you how to use your new upgrades and give you more ways to save on your electricity bill.
Please call 1-877-797-9473.
Or, to see if you are eligible, read more here.