Reporting of Energy Consumption

How to gather and report your energy consumption data.

Are you an owner of a large industrial, commercial or multi-residential property? According to Ontario Regulation 506/18 under the Electricity Act, 1998, large building owners are required to report their energy and water consumption every year [1].

Please note: July 1, 2019 is the deadline for industrial, commercial and multi-unit residential buildings 100,000 square feet and larger.

[1] Electricity Act, 1998, Ontario Regulation 506/18, Reporting of Energy Consumption and Water Use

Downtown Toronto office towers

How to report

To report your consumption data, please visit the How to Report section of the Ontario government website for detailed information.

As part of this process, you may be able to gather consumption data from the following Toronto Hydro sources:

  1. Monthly consumption data can be found on your electricity bill under “Your electricity usage.”
  2. Historical consumption data can be found under “Compare your daily usage.”

Need assistance gathering your consumption data?

If you need assistance gathering consumption data, please complete the following steps by no later than April 30, 2019:

  1. Gather your EWRB ID.
  2. Gather the gross floor area of the building(s) for which you're requesting the energy consumption report.
  3. Fill out our Request Form (PDF, 121 KB) and submit it to Please include “EWRB for Large Buildings Request Form” in the subject line.
  4. Allow at least four weeks for your request to be processed.

Note: If you designate a third party to submit your request, please ensure you complete the authorization section in Section C of the form.