The Government of Ontario has introduced the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) to support small business and registered charity customers struggling to pay their electricity bills as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. CEAP-SB provides a one-time, on-bill credit to eligible customers in need of financial assistance during this time.
Note: CEAP-SB funding is limited and applications will be processed in the order they're received (first come, first served). Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
You may be eligible for CEAP-SB if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a Toronto Hydro account for your small business or registered charity.
- Your small business or registered charity is classified as a general service customer with a peak demand of less than 50 kW.
- Your small business or registered charity didn’t have any overdue amounts on its electricity bill as of March 17, 2020 (the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency).
- As of the date of your application, your small business or registered charity has overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
- Your small business or registered charity was required to close its premises to members of the public for regular operations for at least 15 days as a result of a government order, or an inability to adapt your business or charity to comply with public health recommendations.
Customers who are eligible for CEAP-SB may receive one of the following on-bill credits:
- $425; or
- $850 (if your premises is primarily electrically heated)
Note: The value of your credit cannot exceed the full amount of your outstanding balance.
How to apply
Note: When completing your application, please input your information exactly as it appears on your bill in order to avoid delays in processing.
The fastest and easiest way to apply for CEAP-SB is by using our online web form, which will help ensure that we receive and process your application as soon as possible.