Your old fridge or freezer could be costing you up to $125 a year in electricity costs.
Give us a call – we’ll haul it away at no costs to you. We’ll also take your old window air conditioner or dehumidifier while we’re there.
To book an appointment please call 1-877-797-9473.
Appointments must be made by November 30, 2015.
To be eligible, you must have at least one refrigerator or freezer that meets the requirements listed below. We’ll also pick up a window air conditioners and dehumidifiers at the same time as long as you have at least one “primary appliance”.
Full-sized refrigerators and full-sized freezers must be:
- Between 10-27 cubic feet
- In working condition (plugged in 24hrs prior to pick up)
- 15 years (fridges) or 20 years (freezers) of age or older
Window air conditioners and dehumidifier must be:
- In working condition
- 10 years of age or older
- Window air conditioners must be removed from the window prior to pick up and placed near a power source
- An individual 18 years and older must be home during the scheduled appointment time to sign the appliance release form
- Ammonia-based refrigerators are not eligible for pick-up
All pick up locations must:
- Be located in a single-family dwelling, townhouse, duplex, triplex or fourplex
- Be located in an apartment or condominium that is over three storeys
- Be easily accessible by paved roads and/or roads that are serviced by municipalities in the winter
- Have a driveway or laneway wide enough to accommodate a truck, or suitable street access where stopping is allowed by law
- Have doorways into and within the residence that are wide enough for the appliance to be removed
- Have a clear pathway to the appliance that is also large enough to accommodate two removal technicians and a dolly
All apartments and condominiums (over 3 storeys) must ALSO have:
- An accessible driveway or laneway with a height clearance of 12’6” (or 3.81 metres)
- An elevator (preferably a padded ‘service elevator’) booked for the date and time of the appointment
- Access to elevator/loading area
- Landlord/superintendent approval of the pick up