Get a $400 rebate for every variable-speed pump sold to replace a constant-speed pump
We know that higher-ticket, energy-efficient pumps can be a tougher sell. Lock down the sale of your next variable-speed pump with rebates to pass along to your customers.
An exclusive program for members of the Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada
A win-win for participating vendors
Use rebates to leverage higher sales
Offer instant savings to your customers
Get training and support through the Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada
Be seen as a "green" supplier
Compare the costs to upgrade
Total cost over 10 years
You save $2,960 over 10 years
Payback is 2.7 years
(1.2 years if replacing a failed pump)
For illustration purposes only. Payback period will vary depending on model selected.
Calculations based on $800 purchase divided by $296 electricity savings = 2.7 year payback.
If replacing a failed pump, calculations are based on $800 purchase less $450 (cost to purchase a single-speed pump) = $350 divided by $296 electricity savings = 1.2 year payback.
*Based on $0.17/kWh, operating 16 hrs/day.
Offer subject to terms and conditions.
Ready to become a participating vendor?
Here's how the program works:
Submit the Vendor Participation Agreement
- Download and submit the Vendor Participation Agreement for approval by Toronto Hydro
- Attend Poolsaver training through Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada
- If you're unable to attend the training session, please review the vendor training presentation and complete the quiz below to be eligible to participate.
- Once approved, we'll provide you with all relevant documents, rebate application forms and program brochures
Sell variable-speed pumps
- Rebates can be applied at the time of purchase
- To qualify, new pumps must replace existing constant-speed pumps
- All customers must sign a Point-of-Sale Discount Application form
- You'll need to collect customer information, such as pool size, pump size and run time at the time of installation. Data collection forms will be provided
- Some customers may be contacted for follow-up site visits and/or interviews
Submit invoices every month
- Complete and submit all paperwork on a monthly basis
- This should include all Point-of-Sale Discount Application forms, rebate applications and copies of invoices
- Your cheque should arrive within three weeks
Five selling points to lock down your pump sale
Use up to 90% less electricity
Variable-speed pumps run at a fraction of the speed of constant-speed pumps, using only the electricity needed for the task.
With instant rebates and ongoing electricity savings, a variable-speed pump can pay for itself in just two to three years.
Variable-speed pumps run much quieter than constant-speed pumps.
Not running a pump at full speed, 24/7 will help keep equipment lasting longer.
Upgrading is an easy way to reduce your carbon footprint.
Save on Energy is powered by the Independent Electricity System Operator and brought to you by Toronto Hydro. TMTrademark of the Independent Electricity System Operator. Used under licence.