Targeting new construction and major renovations in the planning stages, the HIGH PERFORMANCE NEW CONSTRUCTION (HPNC) program provides design assistance and substantial financial incentives for building owners and architects who exceed the electricity efficiency standards specified in the Ontario Building Code.
Today, developers, architects, engineers, property owners and others in the building industry recognize the significance and positive impact of high performance construction.
• Securing substantial incentives for offsetting the cost of energy efficiency measures
• Achieving lower long-term operating costs
• Greatly improved marketability
• Enhanced occupant comfort
Participation & Incentives
Approved projects are eligible for incentives in one of two program tracks:
1. PRESCRIPTIVE: Incentives are based on standard efficiency measures and calculated using worksheets for lighting, motors, unitary air conditioners, agribusiness, and alternative measures for space cooling and multi-residential in-suite appliances.
2. CUSTOM: Incentives are based on energy and demand savings from modelling software results, used to determine the best energy-efficiency measures to incorporate in a new building or renovation design.
Encourages incorporation of pre-approved technologies
|Building owners will receive up to $250 for every kilowatt saved and up to $60 per appliance|
Incentives based on modelled energy performance
For building owners:
• Up to 25 per cent above Code: $250 for every kilowatt saved
• Between 25 to 50 per cent above Code: $300 for every kilowatt saved
• Greater than 50 per cent above Code: $400 for every kilowatt saved
Note: a CUSTOM project must be eligible for a minimum of $5,000 in incentives
For design decision-maker (third parties influencing the outcome of the design):
• Between 25 to 50 per cent above Code: $50 for every kilowatt saved
• Greater than 50 per cent above Code: $100 for every kilowatt saved
The HPNC program also provides modelling incentive which supports up to 100 per cent of the computer simulation costs for custom projects to a maximum of $10,000.
Eligible new buildings and major renovation projects:
• Office buildings
• Industrial buildings
• Retail spaces
• Multi-residential buildings
• Housing complexes
• Colleges, universities and schools
• Long term care facilities
• Hotels and motels
Single family dwellings are not eligible.
To qualify, the projects must be in Ontario, comply with Part 3 of the Ontario Building Code, and be intended for commercial, institutional, industrial or multi-unit residential occupancy. Agricultural building projects may also be eligible.
The NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION program is also available for single family dwellings.
To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.542.3388
Program Info Sheet
Relevant Documents (worksheets, eligibility, and participation agreements)
Guide to All Programs
Stay connected with eConnect for Biz
- Expert advice. The latest programs and incentives. Upcoming events. Subscribe to eConnect for Biz. Toronto Hydro's quarterly e-newsletter for business.
- Sign up today!