Please be advised only an authorized Toronto Hydro employee or a qualified Toronto Hydro contractor working on behalf of Toronto Hydro can disconnect or reconnect services. This includes any disconnection at the meter. Toronto Hydro must be contacted to arrange for any disconnection or reconnection prior to commencement of customer work.
Step 1: Submit Your Service Request
Complete the Application Form and Temporary Service Disconnection Form and send to email@example.com (all forms must be signed by the account owner). Or call us at 416.542.2533 between the hours of 8 A.M. – 4 P.M.,Monday to Friday, to start the service request process.
Please have the following information handy:
- Contact name, address and telephone number(s)
- Contractor and/or agent contact information (if one is working on your behalf)
- Address of the property requiring service, including postal code
- Service and request details including preferred date for temporary disconnections/reconnections
Step 2: Toronto Hydro Site Visit
- Within five business days of submitting your request, a Toronto Hydro representative will contact you to review the details, schedule a site visit, if required and book a tentative appointment.
- Following the site inspection, our representative will provide you or your agent/contractor with instructions and payment details, if required.
Step 3: Preparing for a Temporary Service Disconnect
- A Toronto Hydro representative will contact you to confirm your temporary same day service disconnection/reconnection.
- If payment is required, it must be submitted in full to Toronto Hydro before the appointment can be confirmed.
- Payments are accepted by cheque only at 500 Commissioners Street, and must include a copy of the Toronto Hydro job quotation. (Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable Department) from 8 A.M. – 4 P.M. weekdays, or at the drop off box after hours.
- You must contact the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) at 1.877.372.7233 to schedule a safety inspection for the day of your appointment. (Please note: an ESA inspection is required for any home improvements that involve modifications to your electrical service.)
STEP 4: Temporary Disconnect/Reconnect of Power
On your scheduled service day, Toronto Hydro crews will temporarily disconnect and reconnect your electrical service, as requested.
Please note that if ESA inspection is required for electrical work, Toronto Hydro WILL NOT reconnect your service without having your ESA Connection Authorization presented to the onsite crew.