Are you moving or closing an existing account? Do you need to disconnect electrical services from your home or business? We can help you remove your supply. Simply follow the steps below.
Please be advised only an authorized Toronto Hydro employee or a qualified Toronto Hydro contractor working on behalf of Toronto Hydro can disconnect or reconnect services. This includes any disconnection at the meter. Toronto Hydro must be contacted to arrange for any disconnection or reconnection prior to commencement of customer work.
STEP 1: Submit Your Service Request
Complete the Application Form and Service Disconnection Form and email to email@example.com or call us at 416.542.2533 between the hours of 8 A.M. – 4 P.M., Monday to Friday to start the service request process. Please have the following information handy:
- Contact name, address and telephone number(s)
- Contractor and/or agent contact information (if one is working on your behalf)
- Address of the property requiring service removal, including postal code
- Service and request details
STEP 2: Preparing for Service Disconnection
- Within five business days of submitting your request, a Toronto Hydro representative will contact you to review the details and schedule a site visit, if required.
- Upon completion of the site visit our representative will contact you or your agent /contractor to schedule your service disconnection.
STEP 3: Service Disconnection
- On your scheduled service day, Toronto Hydro crews will disconnect your electrical service and remove the meter.