To open or close a business account, please call Customer Care at 416.542.8000. If you are closing an account, please have your account number handy. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
ACCOUNT SET-UP CHARGE/CHANGE OF OCCUPANCY CHARGE
Customers are subject to an Account Set-up Charge when a new business account is opened, or a Change of Occupancy Charge, when an account is transferred to a new address. Currently, the charge is $30.00 and is approved by our Regulator, The Ontario Energy Board.
To ensure that consumers receive consistent and equitable treatment, Toronto Hydro has laid out new security deposit guidelines.
Toronto Hydro will now charge all customers for Security Deposits based on the following:
- Accounts billed monthly: 2.5 times the amount of average bill
- Accounts billed every two months; 1.75 times the amount of average bill
We will waive Security Deposits for customers with a good payment history*:
- Residential customers: 1 year
- < 50 kW Demand customers: 5 years
- All other customer classes: 7 years
For new customers, we will waive a Security Deposit provided:
- A letter of Reference is submitted providing information consistent with a good payment history from either a Canadian gas or electric utility
- A credit check is provided at your expense
* A good payment history includes; not more than one Disconnect Notice; not more than one cheque returned due to Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF); and no disconnections.