• Throughout the first decade of the millennium, Toronto Hydro was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
• In 2001, we published our first sustainability report. That same year, we began powering 100 vehicles with low-sulphur diesel and soy-based biodiesel fuel.
• A 65-metre tall wind turbine at Exhibition Place was built by the Toronto Renewable Energy Co-operative (TREC) and Toronto Hydro. It was erected in December 2002 and began generating electricity in January 2003.
• In 2004, the first smart meter projects were launched to approximately 500 customers.
• In 2010, we began transitioning customers to Time-of-Use rates.
• In the summer of 2011, social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube were launched, allowing customers to communicate with Toronto Hydro like never before.